Early Childhood Education, Licensing and Certification
The Senior Adviser, ECE Licensing and Certification takes a lead role in the licensing and certification of early childhood education services. Our work in this area is key to ensuring that early childhood education services are meeting minimum requirements. In this role you will be working closely with services to collect and evaluate information and negotiate actions to be taken to meet requirements. You will also be involved in providing sound and well informed advice on a range of regulatory and compliance issues, and to help implement other policy.
We are looking for a person with experience and knowledge which may include applying regulations in an education context, management and administration of early childhood services, curriculum delivery, and experience in Maori medium early childhood education, Pasifika services or in other regulatory implementation.
Among the skills you will bring are:
- Experience in assessing information, following business processes to make objective judgments against criteria and recommending courses of action;
- The ability to analyse complex issues in the context of legislation or regulations and to produce clear and succinct written work;
- Confidence to work across a diverse range of services and contexts, including Maori medium early childhood education and Pasifika services;
- Experience in dealing with complex relationships, including influencing and negotiation skills;
- Skills in scheduling and managing a work programme including prioritisation and managing competing demands.
Click here to view the role description
For further information please contact Danielle Peeni on 09 632 9488.
Applications close Thursday, 1 August 2013.